Diploma legalization at our Service Desk
If you are going to work or study outside the Netherlands, you will usually need a legalized educational document (diploma, list of marks, etc.). You can arrange this at our Service Desk, in Groningen. You can also ask a family member or friend to have them legalized.
What are the rules?
- Your document must be original, complete and approved by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW).
- Your document must be signed by a representative of your school or university.
- Your document must be printed on original headed paper of the institution.
What do you have to do?
- Log in to Mijn DUO to generate an extract of the details on your diploma. Go to 'Mijn studies en diploma's' and choose 'Diplomaregister'.
- Go to Groningen to have your document legalized. Take the original document and the extract with you. Address: Kempkensberg 12. You do not need an appointment.
- Go to the Groningen District Court (Guyotplein 1) to make the legalization definitive. The District Court closes at 04.00 p.m.
- If your destination country does not appear on the list of apostille countries you do not need to go to the District Court. You will then continue the legalization process via the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Our service desk is open Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 16:00. Except on the following dates: April 17, April 27, April 28, May 5, May 25 May 26, June 5, December 25 and December 26 2017. On these days we are closed.
Your document is not available in Mijn DUO
If your document is not available in Mijn DUO, send a copy by email to email@example.com. We may still be able to legalize your document. You can also call us first: +31 50 599 80 36.
Legalization costs € 6 per document. You can pay this amount by PIN or in cash. The District Court also charges a fee -
Legalization at fairs
Instead of coming to Groningen it is also possible to legalize your document at one of the fairs listed below. After legalization at the fair you go either to the District Court (not necessarily in Groningen) or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to make the legalization definitive. Details will be given at the fair, if necessary.
- Experience Abroad Fair
8 April 2017
Grote Kerk Breda
from 10.00 to 17.00 uur
- De BuitenlandBeurs
24 en 25 November 2017
from 10.00 to 16.00 uur
- StudieBeurs West
8 en 9 December 2017
from 10.00 to 16.00 uur
Please contact the department if you have any questions. You can call us on + 31 50 599 80 36 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.