Service desk in Groningen
You can arrange for your diploma to be legalised at our service desk in Groningen. You don’t have to do so in person; a family member or friend can have your documents legalised for you.
- Your document must be original, complete and approved by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science (OCW).
- Your document must be signed by a representative of your school or university.
- Your document must be printed on the school or university's headed paper.
How to apply
- To have your diploma legalised, log in to Mijn DUO for an extract of your diplomas. Go to 'Mijn studies en diploma's' and choose 'Diplomaregister'.
Log in to Mijn DUOLog in to Mijn DUO
- Go to the service desk in Groningen and take the original document and the extract with you. Address: Kempkensberg 12. You do not need an appointment.
- Does your destination country appear on the list of apostille countries? If so, go to the Groningen District Court (Guyotplein 1) to finalise the legalisation. The District Court closes at 04.00 p.m.
- If your destination country does not appear on the list of apostille countries you will need to continue the legalisation process through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Our service desk is open Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., except on on 27 April, 10 May, 11 May, 21 May, 25 and 26 December 2018.
Legalisation costs € 6 per document. You can pay by PIN or in cash. The District Court charges € 20 per document.
Your document is not available in Mijn DUO
If your document is not available in Mijn DUO, please send us a copy of your document by email on firstname.lastname@example.org. We may still be able to legalise your document. You can also call us first on +31 50 599 80 36.
Legalisation at fairs
Instead of coming to Groningen, you can also have your document legalised at one of the fairs listed below. After legalisation at the fair, you either go to a District Court (not necessarily the one in Groningen) or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to finalise the legalisation. Details will be given at the fair, if necessary.
23 and 24 November 2018
from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
3521 AL Utrecht
7 and 8 December 2018
from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
3084 BA Rotterdam
Legalisation at Arnhem service desk
You can have your diploma(s) legalised at the DUO Service Desk in Arnhem on the following dates. You don’t need to make an appointment.
- Wednesday 19 September 2018
- Wednesday 3 October 2018
- Wednesday 17 October 2018
- Wednesday 31 October 2018
- Wednesday 14 November 2018
- Wednesday 28 November 2018
- Wednesday 12 December 2018
The DUO Service Desk is open from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Please mention at the reception desk that you are there for legalisation. You can pay by pin (ATM-card) or in cash.
Pels Rijckenstraat 1
6814 DK Arnhem
Please consult Google Maps for directions.
Leave Arnhem central station at the back, the 'Sonsbeekzijde'. Cross the road and turn left, walking down the Amsterdamseweg. The Pels Rijckenstraat is the 1st street on your right. The building is on the left side of the road.
Please contact the Diploma recognition and Legalisation department if you have any questions. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on + 31 50 599 80 36 or send an email to email@example.com.