How to apply
- Apply online in order to work in education in the Netherlands. (Dutch only)
- Do you prefer to use a form? The form Application Recognition or temporary service of EU professional teaching qualifications is meant for EU, EEA or Swiss citizens. The form Application Recognition non EU professional teaching qualifications is for applicants from outside the EU, the EEA and Switzerland.
For which professions?
You need to apply if you want to work in one of the following professions:
- Primary school teacher
- Primary school subject teacher (possible for any subject in primary education)
- General secondary education teacher
- Vocational education and adult education teacher
In addition to a valid diploma, you must also have a teaching qualification in your home country. If you are from an EU country, an EEA country or Switzerland, check the Regeling erkenning EU-beroepskwalificaties onderwijspersoneel for the conditions (Dutch only). If you not from the EU, EEA or Switzerland, we will assess your application against Dutch educational legislation.
Applying in order to work in education in the Netherlands is free.
Please contact the Diploma recognition and Legalisation department if you have any questions. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on + 31 50 599 80 36. Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.