Compensation for extra costs study delay
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, some students had to pay course or tuition fees for a longer period of time. Until August 2021 these students could get a compensation for the extra costs caused by study delay. This arrangement no longer exists.
- You were enrolled as a student on a MBO, HBO or university programme for at least 1 month in both academic years of 2019-2020 and 2020-2021.
- You were enrolled as a full-time, part-time or dual student. As an external student ('extraneus') or examination candidate ('examenkandidaat') you were not eligible for the compensation.
- You obtained an MBO diploma (BOL or BBL) between 1 August 2020 and 31 August 2021, ór
- You obtained an HBO Associate, Bachelor's or Master's degree, or a university Master's degree between 1 September 2020 and 31 August 2021.
- Extra condition for MBO: you were at least 18 years old on 1 August 2020.
The amount depended on the diploma obtained.
|HBO Associate, Bachelor's or Master's degree||€535|
|University Master's degree||€535|
Notice and payment
If you obtained your diploma after 1 February 2021, you automatically received a notice. These notices were sent on the following dates:
|2 July 2021||30 July 2021|
|5 August 2021||27 August 2021|
|31 August 2021||1 October 2021|
|1 October 2021||29 October 2021|
|29 October 2021||26 November 2021|
|29 November 2021||24 December 2021|
|4 March 2022||1 April 2022|
I didn't receive a notice
Did you meet the conditions but didn't you receive a message on 1 November 2021? In that case, you could apply for the allowance yourself using the form Request financial allowance for extra study costs due to study delay.
The compensation is a gift. You don't have to pay it back.