Exams and diplomas
Questions about exams and diplomas concerning the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Nt2 state exams
Can I register for Nt2 state exams again?
The Nt2 state exams have started again. Find out which exams you can take and when to register below.
Registration for Programme I
The registration dates for Programme I will be published at the beginning of July, so keep an eye on staatsexamensnt2.nl Link opent externe pagina. It will not be possible to register for Programme I until these dates have been published.
Registration for Programme IIThere are still some spots open for Programme II in August. On Monday 22 June, you can register for the following exams:
- Speaking II, Thursday 6 August
- Speaking II, Thursday 13 August
Due to the coronavirus measures, there are a limited number of exam spots available. This means that exam dates can fill up quickly.
Examination schedule 2020
See staatsexamensnt2.nl for the complete Nt2 state examinations schedule for 2020, as well as the registration dates. If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact DUO’s Nt2 department at email@example.com or on +31 50 599 89 33 (choose option 1).
Extra evening exam slots
Starting July, exams will also be held in the evening. Unfortunately, it is not possible to indicate a preference for a specific exam time when registering. The evening exams will start at 17.30. Please arrive 30 minutes before the start of your exam.
What rules do I need to comply with during the Nt2 state exam?
DUO wants to offer everybody a safe exam. Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), there are some extra rules:
- If you are ill or have a cold, you cannot take the exam. Cancel your exam before it starts. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wear a face mask at the exam location. Only take off your face mask during the Speaking exam.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
- Make sure you are present 30 minutes before the exam.
- Come to the exam alone. Other people need to wait outside the building.
- Wash your hands before and after the exam.
- Keep 1.5 metres distance from other people. DUO will provide spacious exam places.
- Go straight outside after the exam.
- Follow directions of the DUO staff.
- Your exam spot will be cleaned before and after your exam.
Can I have my diploma legalised?
Because of the coronavirus, our service desks in Groningen and Utrecht are closed. You can only have your Dutch diploma legalised by registered mail.
Can I use my diploma before I receive it?
Yes, you can use the diploma register. An extract from the diploma register has the same value as your original diploma. For instance, if you need to show your diploma for a job application. Even if you did you not have your diploma presentation yet, due to the coronavirus.