Below is an overview of the government’s other plans. These plans are also pending approval by parliament.
Plans for students who did not receive the basic grant (2015-2023)
- monetary compensation instead of a study voucher (only for students who received student finance for HBO or university for the first time between 2015 and 2019)
Plans for students in HBO and university (from academic year 2023-2024)
- supplementary grant also for students with higher-income parents (from 1 January 2024)
- changes for students with disabilities
- additional earning threshold to be abolished for everyone
Plans for MBO students (from academic year 2023-2024)
- additional earning threshold to be abolished
- 35 years to repay student loans
- more time to try out a higher vocational education (HBO) programme without having to pay back the performance-related grant (also known as the ‘first of February scheme’)
You will automatically be notified by DUO about what the changes will mean for you.
For more information about these plans, also visit rijksoverheid.nl Link opent externe pagina (link in Dutch).