Since 2010, DUO has provided funding for schools in Caribbean Netherlands. The pupil count is the basis to determine funding. You can find the pupil count forms for count date 1st October 2022 on this page.
Use this form to inform DUO of the number of pupils enrolled in your school. The reference date is 1 October 2022. Subsidies for ‘expertisecentra onderwijszorg’ (EOZ’s) are based on the pupil count you enter on this form.
Count the pupils according to age. Enter the number of boys and girls per age. Also enter the total number of pupils.
Pupil count submission:
- Enter all pupils who aged 4 to 14 years on the count date;
- These pupils were enrolled in the school on the count date.
Use this form to inform DUO of the pupil numbers to receive funding for. The reference date is 1st October 2022.
Explanatory notes secondary education Saba and St. Eustatius
Count the students according to the element codes for the Caribbean Netherlands. You can find these in the Regeling codetabellen school- en studiejaar 2022-2023 Link opent externe pagina .
Additionally, the form has 2 extra tables:
- In table 2a, enter the number of students of compulsory school age and students that must complete a qualification, who have progressed to Cvq years 4 and 5 from the lower years. For students with an extra school year due to a combination with a Csec subject, enter this as year 6. Enter the number of students for each type of education.
- In table 2b, enter the number of students who do not have to qualify and who have not (recently) completed years 1 to 3, but who are only following a 1 or 2-year Cvq programme. Specify this by type of Cvq education. This specification is for policy purposes.
- Scan the completed form and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the October 1st 2022 count, DUO must receive the form no later than October 15th, 2022.
Useful information about the pupil count methods can be found in the leaflets.
2 count dates relevant for primary education
The simplification of the funding structure (“vereenvoudiging bekostiging primair onderwijs”) takes effect January 1st, 2023. This also results in a new method for funding schools in the Caribbean Netherlands. Two pupil count dates are important to remember.
- October 1st: the pupil numbers on this date determine subsidies for EOZ’s
- February 1st: the pupil numbers on this date are the basis for school funding
For more information
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any other questions.