Would you like to take a study programme, but are you no longer eligible for regular student finance? If you’re younger than 56, you may be able to borrow after all.
You must meet a number of conditions in order to be eligible for a lifelong learning credit. The most important of these are:
- You’re taking a recognized full-time, part-time or work-study programme in higher professional education (HBO) or at university (also covers modular programmes). Or you’re taking a full-time BOL programme in secondary vocational education (MBO).
- You’re younger than 56.
- Your tuition fees are not paid or reimbursed in full by anyone else or by an organisation, such as your employer.
Use the eligibility assistant to check if you're eligible.
How much can you borrow?
Each year you can borrow an amount equal to your tuition fees. You can find out exactly how much on the Amounts and payments page.
The year after your lifelong learning credit stops, you need to start repayments.
To callYou can call us on 050 599 98 28 at:
- Monday between 10:00 and 17:00
- Tuesday and Thursday between 9:00 and 17:00
- Wednesday and Friday between 9:00 and 13:00.
You can also reach us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.