Applying for a Dutch title
If you have been awarded an academic degree outside the Netherlands, you can apply to use a Dutch title. This option is only available to you if your diploma is a recognized higher education qualification, and the programme you completed must be of equal value to a similar Dutch programme.
Once you have been awarded a Dutch title, you have the option to use your foreign degree or the Dutch title. When you choose to use your foreign degree, do it just as you would in the country where the degree was awarded to you.
You can apply for the following titles:
- ingenieur (ing.) = higher professional education in the field of technology, or agriculture and natural environment
- baccalaureus (bc.) = other higher professional education
- ingenieur (ir.) = university education in the field of technology, or agriculture and natural environment
- meester (mr.) = university education in the field of law
- doctorandus (drs.) = other university education
- doctor (dr.) = academic research leading to the conferral of a PhD
- Fill in the Request form 'Dutch title'.
- Submit the form along with the required documents.
- You can send the form by post or scan it in and email it to email@example.com (up to 5MB).
Free of charge
Applying for a Dutch title will be handled free of charge.
Please contact the Diploma Services Department if you have any questions. You can call us on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on +31 50 599 77 78. Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last changes made on 07 maart 2022