Working in a culture-related profession
Do you have a diploma from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland and do you want to work in a culture-related profession in the Netherlands? If so, you must apply for recognition of your foreign diploma. If you are only working temporarily or ad hoc in a culture-related profession, please indicate so on your application.
- Apply online in order to work in a culture-related profession in the Netherlands (in Dutch only).
- Do you prefer to use a form? Please use the form Aanvraag Erkenning of tijdelijke dienstverrichting EU-beroepskwalificaties cultuurberoepen. This form is not available in English.
We only accept online applications and applications with a form.
For which professions?
You need to apply if you want to work in 1 of the following professions:
- general national government archivist
- national government archivist
- provincial archivist
- municipal archivist (in line with the Public Records Act 1995)
- water board archivist (in line with the Public Records Act 1995)
All conditions are listed in the Erkenning EU-beroepskwalificaties cultuurberoepen (in Dutch only).
Applying in order to work in a culture-related profession in the Netherlands is free.
Please contact the Diploma recognition and Legalisation department if you have any questions. You can call us from 9 a.m. to 12 noon on +31 50 599 80 36. Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.