The overview below shows you when you can travel for free with your subscription, and when at a discount.
|Weekday subscription||Weekend subscription|
|* The day before Good Friday and Ascension Day counts as Friday.|
|Monday||discount until 4 a.m., then free||free until 4 a.m., then discount|
|Tuesday||free||full rate until 9 a.m., then discount
|Wednesday||free||full rate until 9 a.m., then discount|
|Thursday||free||full rate until 9 a.m., then discount|
|Friday||free||discount from 9 a.m. to 12 noon, then free|
|Saturday||free until 4 a.m., then discount||free|
|Summer period||discount||like the rest of the year|
|discount from 4 a.m. to 4 a.m. the following day||free from 4 a.m. to 4 a.m. the following day|
|Good Friday *||free||free|
- New Year's Day: 1 January (Wednesday)
- Easter Monday: 13 April (Monday)
- King’s Day: 27 April (Monday)
- Liberation Day: 5 May (Tuesday)
- Ascension Day: 21 May (Thursday)
- Whit Monday: 1 June (Monday)
- Christmas Day: 25 December (Friday)
- New Year's Day: 1 January (Friday)
- Good Friday: 2 April (Friday)
- Easter Monday: 5 April (Monday)
- King’s Day: 27 April (Tuesday)
- Liberation Day: 5 May (Wednesday)
- Ascension Day: 13 May (Thursday)
- Whit Monday: 24 May (Monday)
The summer period runs from 16 July 4 a.m. to 16 August 4 a.m.
The discount applies to all public transport in the Netherlands. The discount rate is 40% for trains and 34% for trams, buses, metros and water buses.
Discount for fellow travellers
On the trains, up to 3 people can travel with you at a discount. The discount for fellow travellers applies from 9 a.m. on weekdays, and all day at weekends.